Most people don’t anticipate that they will need a personal injury lawyer Ventura, but choosing the right one is one of the most important things you can do to help your injury case. As terrifying as it is to think that we may ever need a lawyer for this, it always helps to hire the best attorney that can provide you with the support and expertise you need to get the highest possible settlement for your case.
Here’s how you can help find the best attorney to guide you through this process, keep these points in mind when researching and evaluating attorneys for your personal injury case.
The more experience that your personal injury attorney Ventura has in injury litigation, the more probable it is that they will win your case. That’s because they’ve seen it all and know how to handle even the most difficult obstacles, such as proving the damages of exceedingly complex, catastrophic injuries and seeing through the gimmicks of dishonest insurance companies.
An accident lawyer with years of experience is likely to be familiar with the type of personal injury case you’re presenting to them.
Make careful to ask the following questions to properly understand an attorney’s degree of experience:
- Is personal injury the main practice area for this attorney, or do they handle many different kinds of practices
- How many years has the attorney and law firm been handling these types of cases?
- Does the attorney have extensive trial experience?
- Are they well-recognized and well-respected in the personal injury law community? (This recognition might be in the form of professional awards, membership/leadership in personal injury or trial lawyer associations, etc.)
- Do they have experience handling the specific type of case you’re dealing with? (For example, if you suffered from a brain injury, does their firm have experience winning compensation in brain injury cases?)
Check their track record
Keep in mind that there are many attorneys with years of expertise who do not have a proven track record of success. For example, they may be notorious for accepting low-ball settlements from insurance companies, or they may lack demonstrated results in winning the most difficult, high-value cases.
Pay attention to their engagement
Trust your instincts. The attorney-client connection is vital, so be sure you appreciate how any lawyer you’re thinking about employing communicates with you and treats you.
Ask them these questions:
- Are they polite and professional?
- How do they answer your questions? Are you satisfied with the answers?
- Do they communicate well?
- Do they seem genuinely concerned about your case?
Understand how payments will take place
Make sure to read the fine print carefully when hiring a new attorney to ensure that you fully understand their payment model so there are no surprises later.
A few good questions to ask include:
- Do they offer a free initial consultation?
- Do they work on a contingency-fee-basis? (This means you only pay the firm legal fees if they win your case. Additionally, your legal fees are taken out of your settlement, or paid by the defendant, so you don’t have any upfront fees related to your legal representation.)
Ask about any additional offerings
It’s important to think about the additional resources your prospective injury lawyer can provide. Some personal injury law firms offer a higher level of assistance with various elements of stages of the case, creating less hassle for you and a smoother experience overall.
Make sure to ask the following:
- Do they have a network of medical professionals they can use to help you find the treatment you need?
- Can they help you find doctors who are willing to work on a lien basis so your medical expenses can be taken out of your settlement or verdict?
- Can they assist with additional services related to your case such as property damage valuation and liens negotiations (i.e., negotiating costs with your medical providers)?
After a mishap in an accident or another incident caused by another person’s negligence, you may be wondering if you truly need to hire a personal injury lawyer. The answer is YES, you do!
The right team of personal injury lawyers Ventura will investigate your case, prove liability by the individuals at fault, and handle all the dealings with the insurance company on your behalf. They will also make sure you don’t get the short end of the deal and will fight for the highest settlement that you can get.
Our Law Offices service the following communities: Oxnard, Thousand Oaks, Simi Valley, Ventura, Camarillo, Moorpark, Santa Paula, Port Hueneme, Ojai and Fillmore. There are a number of smaller villages and rural residential communities scattered from the western coastal corridor to small pockets in the eastern, more mountainous areas of the county. Unincorporated communities include Bardsdale, Casa Conejo, Channel Islands Beach, El Rio, Faria Beach, La Conchita, Lake Sherwood, Meiners Oaks, Mira Monte, Newbury Park, Oak Park, Oak View, Piru, Point Mugu, Saticoy and Somis.
Consultations are always free and cases are always accepted on a contingency fee basis. Our staff has been with us for many years and we work well as a team to provide you with the most effective representation in Ventura County. Do you have a question? Do you want to know if you have case? Fill out our case evaluation form and we will immediately respond with answers to your urgent questions. Remember: In Ventura County, the “fast track” rules require that a case be ready for trial within one year from the date it is filed. Get started with us today
Ventura County benefits from the stability of a diversified economy, enabling it to weather the inevitable ups and downs of economic forces that are out of its control, such as the current housing slide. The county’s economic base has grown more varied and diverse in recent years. Once based primarily on oil and agriculture, the economy has diversified over recent years. Finance, insurance and real estate account for a significant aspect of that diversification, followed by manufacturing and high-tech. Most cities in the county have experienced retail sales growth, but the slowing housing market has had an effect on the real estate and retail industry.
Personal Injury Ventura
Consultations are always free and cases are always accepted on a contingency fee basis. Our staff has been with us for many years and we work well as a team to provide you with the most effective representation in Ventura County.